Saturday, December 19, 2009

half a year!? What!?

That's right! My little reindeer was 6 months old this month! I know, I am late in posting but school, the holiday and having a 6 month old really takes up my time these days. Did I mention I have a 6 month old?!?! That's half way to a year, this cannot be!!! I just found out I was pregnant a few months ago and just brought him home like yesterday, right?? Time is just flying by!!
Henry is such a joy to have in our lives. He is so easy going and happy most of the time. He is very loving and snuggly~I hope that never changes! He is busier than ever!! He can now officially crawl on all fours and has pulled up several times. Our life of plopping him down somewhere and walking away is over! I joke with Lee that when he crawls, I'm going to push him over, I'm just not ready for this! He is really doing well at sitting up by himself (when he sits still long enough too!) It was quite a challenge to get a decent Christmas card picture of him because he is constantly on the go....not to mention a total drool factory!

He babbles like crazy and still loves to bounce in his jumparoo..well actually he loves to bounce where ever he is! When he gets excited he kicks his little skinny legs like crazy! He is now 28.5 inches long and 16 lbs-still long and lean!

Hen loves to eat from a spoon! He gets so excited when we put him in his highchair because he knows what's coming. He now eats stage 1 and 2 organic baby foods (fruits and veggies). His favorites are peas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. He likes most fruits but is not a fan of bananas. He tried a new flavor-corn and butternut squash last week. He wasn't a huge fan of it at first but I assumed it was because it was a new flavor. About 30 minutes later he threw it ALL up so Im not sure if he was allergic to it or for whatever reason didn't agree with him but I've been afraid to offer it to him again. He acted fine before and after so I'm still not sure what to think. We've started doing a few signs with him, hoping he will pick up on baby sign language and start to communicate with us soon.

We are very excited about our first Christmas with Henry and as parents! I am SUPER excited about spending 2 weeks off of work to be home with my sweet man!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe he is already six months old. He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe are boys are so big now! I had heard to wait to give corn until closer to 12 months because it is harder to digest...could be the reason why it didn't agree with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww!! 6 months, Coop is now 3 months!!

    ReplyDelete