Monday, August 10, 2009

Two months!





Henry is now two months-where has the time gone!?! Seems like just yesterday we were coming home from the hospital wondering what he will wear because all of his clothes were too big for him. Now he's grown out of all his newborn sized clothes! We went to the doctor last Thursday and my chubby bunny weighs 11.4lbs and is 23.75 inches long! He has gained 2 pounds and grew an inch in the last month. He is in the 80th percentile for height and 40th for weight. Dr. W said he didnt look like an 11 pond baby because he is so tall. Im not quite sure where he gets it from, neither Lee nor I are exceptionally tall. She was impressed by his head control and that his hands were open and not in a fist- well what does she expect, my baby is a genius! Just kidding, we are so blessed to have such a healthy baby. Henry got his first round of shots this visit. We opted to do an alternate schedule for shots so this was his first time to get shots besides the HepB at birth. Now THAT was pitiful! (even though it was just 2) He was just hanging out so happy, smiling at the nurse then BAM! out of nowhere he got stuck in the leg and boy were his feelings hurt! I told myself I was not going to be one of those wimpy cry-baby moms but oh my gosh, when I heard that terrible helpless cry I couldn't help it! Luckily he didn't cry for too long and neither did I :)

After his doctor's appointment, I left Henry with Mimi (Lee's mom) and had to go to the school to work on my classroom and get ready for parent orientation. I don't know if I have officially announced it here on my blog but after many prayers, discussions, tears, and more prayers we/I have decided to take 12 weeks of FMLA(maternity leave) and go back to teaching at the end of October. This way Henry will be almost 5 months and then I'll have off Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break, then summer! So only about 6 months of work. It was SUCH a hard decision but finally I have peace about our decision. I think this time I have with Henry here at home will be really good for both of us. With him being a bit older when I go back, I'll feel so much better and can focus on work. We, well actually God, found a wonderful lady to keep Henry in her home. She's about five minutes from the school and will only be keeping Henry. We've had a few trial runs and he's done great and I can tell she really enjoys him. Its so nice to see other people love your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment