Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine is one hard working man!

Saturday was a productive day for us. We never go all out for Valentine's day because we both think it's overrated and you should show the one you love how much you love them everyday-not just one day a year. We slept in till about 9 Saturday morning. Lee made me a wonderful breakfast and then headed to his mom's to study (he's studying for the cpa exam). While he was gone, I filled the nail holes in the crown and scrubbed, vacuumed, & mopped the floors in the baby's room. Lee came home around 1 and I made him a romantic heart-shaped PB&J sandwich and chips :) Then he got straight to work on the baby's room. He caulked the crown, painted the crown, and painted the walls to give it a 3rd coat. I could not be happier with the room!! It looks like a professional came in and painted it! Can I just tell you I have the best husband in the world? He works so hard at work then comes home and works hard studying and working on the house. He has done a fantastic job. He's going to be a wonderful father!

After showers and cleaning up we grabbed some dinner and headed to Target and bought a crib mattress. I told Lee we did not have to tackle putting the crib together after such a busy day but he insisted. We got home and set up shop in the living room so we(he) could watch basketball. The crib had a million parts but we manged to put it together without having too many problems with it and got in only one minor argument when the last piece wouldn't go on right (and by then it was 11:30pm).
We make such a great team! We set the crib up in the baby's (wish he had a name) room and put the new mattress in it. It looks SO good! I cant wait for the bedding to come in to add the finishing touch!!

The other piece of furniture is an antique wooden blanket chest that my mom used as a changing table with my brother and me and I plan on doing the same. It doesn't necessarily "match" the other furniture but that's what I like about it. That, and the fact that it's a family heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment