Thursday, June 4, 2009

ready or not here he comes!

So yesterday I had my 40 week checkup and I'm now dilated 2 cm and he's dropped. Dr. J said everything looked good and his heartbeat and my blood pressure were great. After my exam he said, ok so if Henry is not here by Tuesday we will go ahead and induce. I was like what!? That seems so soon! He laughed and said I'd be 6 days overdue!! Rationally I know this but it seems so fast and soon! Everything has just flown by!! I can't believe in 6 days or less I will finally be holding my son....MY son! I'm going to be a MOM....to a little boy!! It's so hard to wrap my head around yet so exciting all at the same time! I just can't believe it.

Today is my due date and I'm so hoping and praying that he comes before Tuesday. I would much rather just go into "baby mode" if my water breaks or I start having contractions rather than have to anticipate an induction. I don't think I will sleep Monday night! So....that's my news for now! Now we just have to wait! Please pray for Henry and me that we have a smooth and healthy delivery and that everything will go just the way it's supposed to. I will let you guys know something as soon as it happens! :)

4 comments:

  1. you are one in a million to think 6 days OVERDUE is too soon :) i admire you, b/c i was induced with lucas at 38 wks 5 days and to me, it wasn't soon enough! ha. i will pray henry comes on his own before tues, but i've had 2 inductions and i think they are great. so either way, you will be a mom soon, and it will go smooth and be WONDERFUL! nothing can prepare you for it!!! get ready to love him more than you ever thought possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Henry!! I am so excited for y'all!! It does not become completely real until you actually hold him. I am praying for you and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and hoping and wanting to see that beautiful little boy's face!! It sounds so cliche, but there's nothing in the world like being a mom - you'll soon find out!! Glad to hear your comfortable in the hospital and he's on his way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops...I meant you're...ugg...hate when I do that! ;)

    ReplyDelete