Thursday, April 23, 2009

37 spools of ribbon and one happy camper


I finished the mobile in 2 days and I'm quite happy with it! Tuesday, Mary and the girls came over and helped me start it (Mary is the one I got the idea from). It was so good to see them and a fun little project...well for the first 2 hours or so! They had to get home and do homework and I had to run out on another "ribbon run". I swear I think I paid that store's power bill this month! I think I finished cutting and stringing around 10 and crashed for the night. Today I got the rest of the stuff to hang it and Lee just hung it for me. I originally was going to hang it above the bed where a traditional mobile goes but I kind of wanted to hang pictures above the bed plus I didn't want him to be able to pull on it when he gets older and can stand in the bed. With the ceiling painted I knew it would not be able to be moved once it was hung so I hung it in the corner where Henry can still see it.

Tomorrow I have another doctor's appointment and I started my 34th week today. I know I've said this a million times but this pregnancy has flown by!! I am going to miss it really. I've felt great and been blessed to have such a healthy and easy time ~lets hope the delivery goes the same way!! Since I had a doctor's appointment and so I could get ready for my tea/shower on Sunday I went ahead and took the day off. Lee decided he'd do the same so I'm excited to spend the day with the love of my life.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. That mobile is absolutely adorable! Great job creative Mama Katie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky it has flown by! that is awesome. Great pictures too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we were. That was my first time there. To see D. Johnson. I really like him too. John said he thought he saw you, but wasn't sure. Thats so funny!! I love the mobile. Ribbon is awesome!! How many weeks are you?

    ReplyDelete