Sunday, January 10, 2010

seven months!

Is time is a thief or what!?!? How is my little man already seven months?! I always heard people say they grow up so fast but never realized just how fast it happens. He is still just as precious as he was 7 months ago and SO much fun!! His little personality is blooming and I hope he stays laid back and easy going for the rest of his life. We've been doing sign language with Henry since he was about 4 months and I think he's really starting to get it. We're pretty sure he does the sign for "all done" when he's finished eating and when we put him in bed (go figure). He gets excited when we do the sign for eat so I'm pretty sure he's got that one too. He is crawling everywhere and pulling up on anything he can get a good grip on. He loves to pull up on his toy basket and pull things out and hold them out for us to see. His balance has gotten really good. He loves to wave bye-bye and smiles all of the time. He's started babbling more with consonant sounds like ma-ma-ma and ba-ba-da. I love his facial expressions when he "talks".



At seven months Henry weighs 17.3lbs and 28 inches long, still long and lean. He still loves his veggie stage 2 baby foods. He LOVES to read books together and enjoys music and hand games like "patty cake". He has finally been going to sleep without a fight (shh I don't want to say it too loud or I might jinx it). His sleep schedule was so messed up over Christmas when he was sick but I think we are finally on the right track. He is crawling like a champ and getting faster by the day. He loves to craw into the kitchen and explore under the kitchen table and chairs. This is okay for now until he discovers his "pincher fingers" and then everything will go into his mouth. He can go from crawling to sitting up and once he pulls up on something he can "cruse" along and move about and can plop back down to crawl somewhere else. He is one busy fella!! He has beautiful big blue eyes with killer eyelashes and a smile that will melt your heart. He's getting a little more hair but I have a feeling it won't fill in a whole lot more any time soon. He's been working on getting a tooth and it has finally surfaced and he constantly has his tongue out, I'm sure feeling it out. We love him to pieces and can't imagine our life without him. I think I love him a little more each day. I love it when I go to pick him up at daycare and he gets so excited to see me. I say all the time I can't believe I am a mom but honestly I can't imagine my life another way. I'm so proud to be Henry's mother. I hope I make him proud one day to be his mommy.

*pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment